Clinical Laboratory Scientist Job Description and Profile
Under supervision, the job of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist entails conducting various types of standard clinical lab tests within specific areas such as hemotology, chemistry, microbiology, urinalysis and immune-hematology and even across specialty fields with the use of manual and instrumental forms of methodology done in accordance with regulatory requirements. He likewise performs other related duties as he may be required.
Duties and Specifications
- Performs various types of standard, microscopic, bacteriological and chemical tests.
- Participates on teams working on sample collections such collecting urine, blood and other types of samples.
- Counsels his patients on various pre-test requirements and appropriately answers questions of patient questions on testing.
- Makes evaluation on the validity of test results that are obtained.
- Maintains proper records of the test results and makes a report such results.
- Ensures that methods on testing follow quality control procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of statistical lab reports.
- Prepares, maintains and keeps supplies such as reagents.
- Performs full maintenance of lab equipment and maintains laboratory area in clean condition.
- Utilizes lab computer systems to enter test data and create reports of test results and submitted them to doctors when required.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have knowledge of standard lab equipment, techniques and terminology.
- Must be adept in lab safety practice.
- Able to make routine lab examinations.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Be able to maintain proper exam records and created and keep appropriate reports.
- Able to work with caution, patience and accuracy.
- Maintain harmonious work relationships with other staff.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to effectively collect samples from patients
- Must have great rapport with patients.
- Must be able to explain fully any clinical information to patients.
Education and Qualifications
- Possession of Clinical Lab Scientist License issued by the State Health and Lab Field Services.
- Registration as Medical Technologist with the appropriate government health agency is highly desirable.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description