Crime Scene Investigator Job Profile and Description
Crime scene investigator’s job entails processing a crime scene through a professionally organized systematic approach. They evaluate the crime scene using various equipments. The main responsibility of a crime scene investigator is to collect, preserve, package, and transport the physical evidence for scientific comparison and evaluation. They prepare reports on the observances and investigation activities at the crime scene.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executing various complex and routine technical criminal investigation activities.
- Taking photographs, collecting and conserving evidence, and analyzing, preparing, and finding out the usability of gathered latent fingerprints and tracing evidence.
- Preparing investigative reports and testifying in court of law.
- Developing and printing film from the accident scenes and crime scenes.
- Developing and recovering latent fingerprints and tracing evidence.
- Maintaining crime scene equipment and photography lab equipment.
- Comparing and sorting out the arrest fingerprint cards, preparing reports, testifying in court and entering data into computer files.
- Processing evidence expeditiously for potential prints by examining items, chemically treating them, photographing possible prints and developing a report.
- Maintaining files of recovered latent prints.
- Preparing diagrams of accident scenes and crime scenes for the collection, preservation, and documentation of evidence.
- Preparing various reports of all procedures of crime scenes.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of identification and photographic techniques.
- Ability to analyze latent fingerprints.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to handle strenuous situations.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential material.
- Ability to meet tough deadlines.
- Ability to operate equipment and tools required in an investigation procedure.
- Must be in healthy physical condition.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma in Crime Scene Investigation from an accredited institution.
- Degree in Crime Scene Investigation related field from an accredited institution.
Criminal Defense Attorney Job Description
Divorce & Family Lawyer Job Description
Court Stenographer Job Description
Court Recorder Job Description
Criminal Lawyer Job Description
Community Lawyer Job Description
Housing Lawyer Job Description
Education Lawyer Job Description
Senior Officer Legal Job Description
Staff Attorney Job Description
Volunteer Legal Intern Job Description
Law Firm Administrator Job Description