Criminal Defence Attorney Job Profile and Description
Criminal defence Attorney is a lawyer appointed by the government to defend a person accused of crime. His job is to reduce the charges filed against his client by considering the rights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- He has to meet the client and know the details of the case.
- He has to represent the client in legal proceedings.
- He has to collect required facts and go through the case meticulously.
- He has to examine witnesses, relatives of client, and other sources.
- He has to visit police station for the case particulars.
- He has to study the case, and struggle to lower the charges on the client.
- He has to direct and provide support to the client at the time of his trial.
- He has to consult the lawyers for reducing the penalty of his client.
Skills and Specifications
- He should be extremely capable and have vast knowledge of law.
- He should have very good interpersonal skills.
- He should be analytical in handling the case.
- He should be matured enough to try to understand the clients mental situation.
- He should have fine knowledge of computer and internet for referring various legal cases online.
- He should be an articulate speaker as he has to speak in front of the judge.
- He should be well-organized and disciplined in keeping records.
- He should have sharp thinking ability
- He should be a quick observer.
- He should be a good listener who listens to his clients carefully.
- He should have good communication skills and must be ready to work for long and odd hours.
Education and Qualifications
The person aspiring to be a criminal defence attorney should have a degree in law and pass the bar exam to get licence for practicing law.
Criminal Defense Attorney Job Description
Divorce & Family Lawyer Job Description
Court Stenographer Job Description
Court Recorder Job Description
Criminal Lawyer Job Description
Community Lawyer Job Description
Housing Lawyer Job Description
Education Lawyer Job Description
Senior Officer Legal Job Description
Staff Attorney Job Description
Volunteer Legal Intern Job Description
Law Firm Administrator Job Description