Public Defender Investigator Job Profile and Description
A public defender investigator is responsible for investigating the cases of offence and criminal charge against a person who is represented by a public defender.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A public defender investigator has to collect evidence related to the case.
- He has to cross-examine the eyewitnesses, criminals and alleged persons.
- He has to build up sources and systematize information.
- He has to do lot of research work and evaluate the case.
- He has to examine the place where crime has taken place and take necessary pictures.
- He has to collect and analyse the data and keep the files of each case ready.
- He has to well manage the documents related to the case.
- He has to assist the prosecutors in making strategy for the trials.
- He has to maintain good relations with all the people who are concerned with the public defender’s office
Skills and Specifications
- A public defender investigator should be a responsible person who can handle the case investigations.
- He should be a person with good communication skills as he has to collect proofs from different people for the case.
- He should to be a person with analytical mind who can solve any problem.
- He should be sharp-eyed and inquisitive person.
- He should be well versed with computer.
- He should have the ability to think out of the box and not just accept what is told to him.
- He should be good in writing as this job requires a lot of paper work.
- He should be ready to face any challenge as many of the criminal cases are critical.
Education and Qualifications
One needs to have a bachelors and masters degree in law to be a public defender investigator. He can be a graduate in sociology or psychology as well.
Criminal Defense Attorney Job Description
Divorce & Family Lawyer Job Description
Court Stenographer Job Description
Court Recorder Job Description
Criminal Lawyer Job Description
Community Lawyer Job Description
Housing Lawyer Job Description
Education Lawyer Job Description
Senior Officer Legal Job Description
Staff Attorney Job Description
Volunteer Legal Intern Job Description
Law Firm Administrator Job Description