Criminal Profiling Job Profile and Description
A criminal profiler is responsible for evaluating the nature of crime and method used to commit the crime. After attending a session with criminal, a criminal profiler is responsible to put together all data and then reports are given as a psychological profile which is further used to identify the crime. Basically, criminal profilers are helpful in solving criminal cases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A criminal profiler has to prepare a criminal personality profiling or offender profiling by determining all the factors which are important to study the case.
- His duty involves arrangement of witness with various proofs to solve the case.
- He has to review the evidences available including photographs, crime scenes and notes prepared by investigators.
- He has to work on theory to justify the psychological level of criminal with correlation of weapons and methods used to commit crime.
- He needs to investigate the causes of crime by assuming the reconstruction of crime through the point of view of criminal and victim as well.
- He is required to prepare reports on suspects found in the crime, present metal/ physical situation of criminal.
Skills and Specifications
- He should have deep knowledge of criminal psychology to prepare the accurate criminal file.
- He must be able to review all collected evidences and prepared reports to justify the case.
- A criminal profiler should have the thorough knowledge of case history and record of criminal before attending court session.
- He should be able to communicate with all concerned persona associated with evaluation of crime and criminal.
- He must have an eye for details
- He must have good communication and inter personal skills.
Education and Qualifications
A criminal profiler should be a graduate in the field of law. In addition to this, he must have Post Graduation in Crime psychology including doctorate to work as senior criminal profiler.
Criminal Defense Attorney Job Description
Divorce & Family Lawyer Job Description
Court Stenographer Job Description
Court Recorder Job Description
Criminal Lawyer Job Description
Community Lawyer Job Description
Housing Lawyer Job Description
Education Lawyer Job Description
Senior Officer Legal Job Description
Staff Attorney Job Description
Volunteer Legal Intern Job Description
Law Firm Administrator Job Description