Data Processing Departmental Manager Job Description and Profile
Under direction, the job of a Data Processing Departmental Manager entails planning, organizing and directing data processing activities for department that maintains a multi computerized data information systems. He likewise assesses priorities and needs for operation and enhancement on information systems. A data processing departmental manager also supervises and heads data processing staff and performs related tasks when required.
Duties and Specifications
- Plans and directs enhancement of computer systems of the department.
- Consults others in the assessment of data processing requirements and conducts studies in order to identify means of improving the efficiency of data processing activities of the department.
- Develops and establishes cost estimates for new software and hardware applications.
- Supervises and evaluates staff performance.
- Plans and evaluates staff work and develops the coordination of work flow.
- Oversees operations of the computer systems for the department.
- Directs staff in identifying and resolving problems in systems operations such as design, production, LAN, administration, data communications and operation issues.
- Develops operational policies as well as standards and procedures.
- Effectively monitors systems documentation and performance.
- Recommends changes in departmental operations, procedures and policies so the department will take advantage of the technology of information systems, and consequently be able to meet its goals and objectives.
- Prepares department budget.
- Prepares statistical, narrative and fiscal reports related to the department’s data processing operations.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to plan and delegate work.
- Must be able to respond to the current needs and balance priorities.
- Be able to establish work standards and evaluate staff performance.
- Must develop and implement alternative project solutions when required.
- Train professionals and staff members.
- Prepare and present proposals, reports and other information.
- Establish and maintain harmonious work relationships.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- 5 years of experience in responsible systems in data analysis and design, including significant experience in supervisory capacity.
- 1 year experience involving duties on programming and EDP Systems.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description