Computer Systems Specialist Supervisor Job Description and Profile
Under supervision, the job of a Computer Systems Specialist Supervisor entails direction, scheduling, coordination and supervision of technical staff. He provides training to department staff using computer devices and applications on LAN or large area network and WAN o wide area network. A computer systems specialist supervisor tests and resolves existing problems with computer hardware as well as software. He likewise adapts existing computer software to accommodate the computer database requirements of various departments and performs related tasks as required.
Duties and Specifications
- Serves mainly as supervisor, providing direct and functional supervision over the company’s clerical and technical staff.
- Schedules, supervises, assigns, and oversees work and overall performance of staff.
- Coordinates with various departments for scheduling, resolution of problems and control of department production.
- Makes appropriate recommendations and actions of issues like overtime and levels of production.
- Assists in selection and hiring of staff.
- Coordinates new hardware and software installation.
- Installs and monitors the computer software and hardware Installation.
- Configures hardware and software in order to meet the needs of the department.
- Administers WAN / LAN and establishes procedures that will back up the data in computers.
- Maintains efficient operation of WAN / LAN.
- Provides support and maintenance to server.
- Utilizes different utilities to repair, check and troubleshoot server configurations.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to plan, supervise, review, assign, prioritize and delegate work of other staff.
- Develop efficient staff training.
- Must be able to establish standards and make proper evaluation of staff’s performance.
- Be able to analyze, resolve and address needs as well as problems of user.
- Must adapt existing spreadsheets and database software.
- Be able to efficiently plan, prioritize and organize the work of staff.
- Be able to provide functional supervision and leadership to department staff.
- Must develop and maintain harmonious work relationships with co-employees and users.
- Skilled in effective communication, both verbal and written.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer systems.
- At least 3 years of solid experience in performing the duties and tasks of a Computer Systems Specialist.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description