Graphic Designer Career Profile and Description
Graphic designers are the professionals who perform a wide range of roles. They design various websites and user interfaces for different applications. As per the organizations, they are also involved in producing various print materials such as marketing collateral, conference signage and publications.
They also design brochures, PowerPoint templates, logos, banners and photographs etc. The job role requires a creative mind and an attention to detail for the successful accomplishment of various tasks.
Graphic Designer Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of a graphic designer are as follows:
- Developing thematics for merchandising events.
- Maintaining the graphic library and the essential guidelines.
- Planning, designing and developing a wide range of printed graphic material.
- Planning schedules for the various steps that are to be taken in the design process.
- Participating in group sessions and meetings in order to present innovative design concepts.
- Developing designs for web based projects.
- Preparing digital and web based files for production.
- Creating electronic marketing materials for the customers.
Graphic Designer Skills and Specifications
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Sound understanding of layout composition, typography and color theory.
- Working knowledge of Corel Draw, In Design and Quark Express.
- Able to work in tight schedules.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a creative thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to multitask effectively under tight deadlines.
Graphic Designer Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or any other related course.
- Experience in website design is an advantage.
- Experience in web marketing optimization and video editing preferred.
- Experience in developing diagrams, prototypes and wireframes would be a plus.
Graphic Designer Salary
The average starting salary of a graphic designer is dependent on various factors such as the geographic location, the type of industry in which the designer is employed, the experience and education of the designer. Generally, the starting salary range is from $34,839 to $59,516.
Jewelry Designer Career Description
Game Designer Career Description
Web Designer Career Description
Set Designer Career Description
Package Designer Career Description
Logo Designer Career Description
Interior Designer Career Description
Video Game Designer Career Description
Fashion Designer Career Description
Designer Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description