Package Designer Career Profile and Description
A package designer is a professional responsible for developing creative packaging graphics and a wide variety of product designs. They develop new concepts of package designs and originate innovative design themes for the specific industry.
The professionals can find work in a wide range of industries such as toy making industries, consumer electronics industries, healthcare industries, consumer products industry and many more. The professional should be flexible and detail oriented and should be able to learn new technologies in a fast manner for the successful accomplishment of the job role.
Package Designer Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of a package designer are as follows:
- Developing packaging and label graphic design in order to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Utilizing the graphic software to develop and design new product concepts.
- Making necessary changes in the designs related to the product forms, based on the complexities of the project.
- Managing internal proofing of the designs.
- Presenting product and design concepts to the managers and clients.
- Managing the inventory programs and coordinating with the purchasing representatives.
- Developing a stock box program.
- Attaining the specific goals as demonstrated by Packaging Unit manager.
Package Designer Skills and Specifications
The skills required for a package designer are as follows:
- Proficient in CS5, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and MS Office.
- Good understanding of prepress procedures.
- Acquainted with the emerging digital trends.
- Knowledge of the packaging design concepts supporting the current brand strategy.
- Thorough understanding of on-press production processes.
- Highly creative with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Package Designer Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic design or any other design related education field.
- Candidate should be able to pass GATF color identification test.
- Candidates with relevant graphic design, branding and packaging experience will be given preference.
Package Designer Salary
The average salary of a package designer is $48,140 annually. The salary may increase up to $76,910 based on the experience of the candidate.
Jewelry Designer Career Description
Game Designer Career Description
Web Designer Career Description
Set Designer Career Description
Logo Designer Career Description
Interior Designer Career Description
Graphic Designer Career Description
Video Game Designer Career Description
Fashion Designer Career Description
Designer Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description