Logo Designer Career Profile and Description
In a broad sense, a logo designer is responsible for the design and execution of various creative concepts for the marketing and web solutions of a particular organization. They are involved in the development of various branding materials of the company such as the logos, collaterals, flyers etc. A detailed knowledge of graphic design, layout design and typography is required on the part of a logo designer in order to serve the job well.
Logo Designer Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks and responsibilities as a logo designer are as follows:
- Creating layouts by implementing the appropriate design principles.
- Working from rough instructions to prepare layouts including online promotions, digital signage and online demos etc.
- Designing logos and collateral materials as per the specifications of the clients.
- Coordinating with the design director in all phases of project development.
- Creating and modifying Illustrator vector graphics.
- Providing creative and functional design solutions to clients.
- Managing the multiple branding and identity projects.
- Sketching logo and word mark ideas in coordination with the fellow designers.
- Creating posters or mailers for internal use.
Logo Designer Skills and Specifications
The abilities and competencies required are as follows:
- Thorough knowledge of the current standards used in the online media.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign etc.
- Strong background in design and branding.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and urge to learn latest digital media technologies.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and to meet deadlines successfully.
Logo Designer Education and Qualification
- Bachelor degree in Advertising/Graphic design/ Web Design or any related field.
- Candidates having advertising design portfolio containing layouts and animations, will be preferred.
- Certified logo designers will be given preference.
Logo Designer Salary
The average salary for the logo designer jobs is $45,000. It can increase with the increase in the experience levels.
Jewelry Designer Career Description
Game Designer Career Description
Web Designer Career Description
Set Designer Career Description
Package Designer Career Description
Interior Designer Career Description
Graphic Designer Career Description
Video Game Designer Career Description
Fashion Designer Career Description
Designer Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description