Hardware Designer Job Description
Hardware designers use original concepts to design equipment which customers will find appropriate and comfortable to use. They design, Research, develop and test computer or computer-related apparatus for industrial, commercial, scientific or military use.
Hardware Designer duties and responsibilities
- Liaising with research and development engineers on the technical concepts of hardware design
- Using computer-aided design to develop designs and prototypes including central processing units (CPUs), microprocessors, support logic and custom integrated circuits
- Revising designs to include features suggested by customer focus groups, production managers and development engineers
- Analyzing information to recommend, determine and plan layout, including types of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Building, modifying and testing product prototypes
- Developing, verifying and testing hardware and support peripherals to ensure they meet specifications and requirements.
- Writing detailed functional specifications to document the hardware development process
- Assembling and modifying existing pieces of equipment to meet particular needs.
- Providing training and support to users and system designers.
Skills and abilities for a hardware designer
- A good understanding of devices and materials as well as their properties
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of mechanical issues related to hardware design
- Understanding of the feasibility of design solutions
- Determination to stay with a product from preliminary design and launch stage to modifications necessitated by market experience and demands
- Ability to communicate well with external clients and staff
Minimum BSc. degree in Computer engineering
Knowledge ASIC design experience
Proficiency in coding for logic synthesis and test bench environment
Primetime Static Timing Analysis or equivalents is an advantage
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description