Health Administration Job Profile And Description
Health administration is a field where one can have a wide number of roles related to various administrative duties that need to be performed to ensure that the hospital and the different departments in the hospital run smoothly. A hospital is like any other company and besides treating patients, there are many other duties which must be performed to ensure that the paperwork and other clerical tasks are efficiently handled, for example, keeping and updating records of patients, their medical, billing and insurance information, hiring employees, corresponding with employees and patients and so on. One needs to be organised and can study a professional course in this field which will give the adequate training required to the job effectively.
Health Administration Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a health administrator will involve:
- Manage patient information by entering his data, medical history, contact information and keep track of his bill payments
- Hire new employees and maintain their records related to their personal and professional information, their salary, leave and performance
- Create forecasts and prepare the healthcare facility’s budget
- Interact with patients and answer any questions they may have
Health Administration Skills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a health administrator include:
- Very good interpersonal communicational skills — both oral and written
- Be organised, systematic, analytical and have good decision making skills
Health Administration Education And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a health administrator are as follows:
- A bachelor’s, associate’s or master’s degree in hospital management, business management or health services administration
- Certification from the American College of Health Care Executives, which is optional
Health Administration Salary
The median salary of a health administrator is $72,000 but this figure may vary depending on the size and location of the healthcare facility and the amount of experience the candidate has.
Health administration job profile and description
The role of health administration involves organizational duties with the specific context of the health sector. You do not have to be a medical professional in order to do this job and in fact some organizations have found that it is cost effective to use individuals that are not medically trained. However there is nothing to say that a qualified clinician cannot take on the role if they have the core competencies that have been associated with it.
Health administration duties and responsibilities
The responsibilities for health administration roles include:
- Maintaining patient records.
- Coordinating various administrative projects.
- Working with senior clinicians within the organizations.
- Ensuring that company procedures are followed throughout various activities.
- Correcting any errors within patient records.
Health administration skills and specifications
The skills and specifications that have been associated with health administration include:
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to deal with frontline customer care.
- An understanding of and commitment to patient confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
Health administration education and qualification
There are certain levels of education and qualification that are required for the role of health administration officer. They include:
- An all round qualification up to senior level.
- Language qualifications.
- Report writing qualifications.
- Some tertiary qualifications in healthcare.
- Administrative qualifications.
Health administration salary
The salary range for a health administration official can start at $40,000. After ten years of work, it is anticipated that the professional will be creeping up to $80,000. The restructure of healthcare services means that those roles could turn out to be stepping stones towards full management. In that case the occupants will need to brush up on their skills in this field. Experience is a valued quality in a health administration official.
Nursing Home Administrator Career Description
Art Administration Career Description
Public Administration Career Description
Education Administration Career Description
Business Administration Career Description
Administrative Assistant Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Visual Merchandiser Career Description