Home Carer Job Profile and Description
Home Carer is a professional who has to offer the required care and resources to the elders and disabled people at their homes. The scope of their work would include everything from house cleaning to taking care of the health of the clients. They often have to deal with confidential client files, prepare important reports and present them wherever it is required. These people develop a bond with their clients and look after them almost like their family members.
Home Carer Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing home care to disabled persons, elders and many others in the community by identifying their needs.
- Providing general personal hygiene, housekeeping, and meals-on wheels etc for the smooth operation of the daily needs of the people.
- Transporting clients to the places appointments and activities.
- Assisting them with physiotherapy, exercises, and other types of medical plans
- Organizing time and resources for meeting the individual requirements of clients.
- Ensuring that requisite care is offered pertaining to the relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Monitoring all supplies and resources and discussing about any concern with a supervisor
- Providing necessary information about the clients to health care professionals whenever required.
- Consulting with the family members of the clients about the pattern of care which the clients are undergoing.
Home Carer Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Ability to solve problems and organize things.
- Attention to details
- Ability to sympathize with the condition of the clients
Home Carer Education and Qualifications
- No formal education is required to become a Home Carer but then certification for doing the job is absolutely necessary.
- Training as a home carer is essential before joining a proper job.
Home Carer Salary
The average salary of the Home Carer is $17,000 per annum. However, their income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the organization they work for and the experience of the professional.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description