Medical Assistant Job Profile and Description
Medical Assistants hold key positions in hospitals, nursing homes and all other types of health care centers. From dealing with matters of front office to that of administrative- a medical assistant does it all. With the rising number of diseases and patients, the need for these professionals too has enhanced. The presence of these professionals helps the health care centers operate in a smooth fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling of the front office jobs, which include answering different phone calls and transferring them to the required departments, hence he has the job of maintaining the perfect coordination of the different departments.
- Managing the appointments of the patients in accordance to the time and schedule of the doctors and also furnishing the patients with all necessary information.
- Handling all data entry work that would helps the health care organization function efficiently.
- Maintaining the financial documents and all other accounting records in order to ensure that the financial aspect of the organization runs smoothly.
- Keeping track of all medical claims, bills and insurances.
- Maintaining correspondence with both the insurance companies and the patients and often acting as a medium between them.
Skills and Specifications
- Great communication skills.
- Great managerial skills.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Responsible individual.
- Ability to maintain different tasks singlehandedly.
Education and Qualifications
- Technical course certificate in hospital management or training program in medical assistantship.
- Five to ten years experience in hospital management or supervision is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description