Medical Clerk Job Profile and Description
A modern medical office requires a Medical Clerk who would be able to keep it in organized and perfect form. Though each medical unit has its own manager, these clerks suffice the role of an organizer who takes care of different aspects like record keeping, organizing, copy and faxing, maintaining communications etc. He then reports all important information and developments to the manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting information from the patients on their medical history, complications, health complaints, test results in order to make a complete medical record of every patient.
- Compiling of the medical records into charts thereby ensuring that all information is present in the chart.
- Processing of patient’s documents related to their admission and discharge, which helps to keep a track of their period of stay in the health care unit.
- Taking care of phone duties, answering of letters and maintaining the communication between different departments intact; he tries to maintain the adequate amount of coordination between the different departments.
- Creating and recording database for new patients and also ensuring that the lab reports are being regularly checked by the physicians.
Skills and Specifications
- Active listening skills
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- Adequate knowledge of computer
- Good medical record management ability
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information and associated degrees in medical terminology. Records management etc.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description