Medical Billing Clerk Job Profile and Description
Without a medical billing clerk to its aid, a medical organization no matter what its size is like would fail to function perfectly. He has the task of compiling and tracking all outstanding bills, which are owed to the medical organization itself. From making payments and arranging for them to keeping, an account of the patient’s information is done by him. He has the important job of running the financial aspect of the medical organization, which is done through the following functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorting out, compiling of the medical billing, and coding drafts once they have been successfully done.
- Handling all types of insurance claims insurance policies and even with fraudulent insurance practices.
- Collecting accounts meticulously and liaising between the medical facilities and collection agencies in order to maintain a good level of coordination.
- Tracking all sorts of billing and monitoring all collections and payments in order to keep things pertaining to finance running smoothly in the medical facility.
- Maintaining the compliance of the department with the local, state and federal laws and thereby ensuring a legitimate style of functioning of the department.
Skills and Specifications
- Computer savvy
- Good knowledge of medical coding
- Good inter communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly responsible
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma degrees in medical billing and health care administration are highly imperative.
- Five to ten years experience in this field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description