Medical Receptionist Job Profile and Description
When we talk about the bridge between the medical personnel and the patients, it is the Medical Receptionist we are talking about. From maintaining a list of patient check- in to answering calls-, all is done by the medical representative. Today they are common in all types of medical units- hospitals, nursing homes, and outpatient centers for the positive role that they have always been playing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting the patients with due warmth for the patients meet the receptionists first when they step in to the health care unit.
- Furnishing the patients with information and solutions on preliminary non- medical issues on which they might need someone to offer adequate information.
- Scheduling appointments, organizing the facility’s calendars in order to maintain perfect coordination of the medical unit.
- Handling of prescriptions, maintaining and organizing of patient’s records thereby responsibly keeping the patient’s records organized.
- Maintaining the peace and serene atmosphere needed in the medical unit for the function like one.
- Supervising the different services of the healthcare unit specially, during the time of emergency in order to make it operate perfectly.
Skills and Specifications
- Good interpersonal skill
- Good managerial skills
- General medical knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain cool in every situation
Education and Qualifications
- No formal degree is required, bachelor’s degree in any subject would do, but the receptionist must possess the required credentials.
- Experience in the medical field is always of great help.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description