Medical Office Manager Job Profile and Description
Medical Office Managers have started to play such a vital role in modern medical centers that new jobs are coming up every day for this group of people. The basic function of this group of people is to look after the administration section of the organization and ensure that it operates smoothly. Hence, he has to do everything from recruiting of the staffs to keeping an account of the financial status of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling of the appointments of physicians and other members of the medical facility in order to ensure that there is no conflict in timing.
- Overseeing the financial operations of the medical centre in order to keep complete note of the accounts and billings.
- Ordering for the different medical and office supplies of the medical centre and ensuring that every essential item is present.
- Supervising all medical billing efforts and arrangements thereby ensuring that this section of the organization operates smoothly without facing any hazards.
- Supervising the works of other members like that of the medical assistants, receptionists, transcriptionists etc.
- Hiring, training and assessing of the staff members whose job fall under his aegis; thus ensuring the superior standard of the work quality.
Skills and Specifications
- Great supervisory skills
- Good accounting ability
- Good organizational ability
- Great managerial skills
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is highly imperative.
- Five to ten years degree in related field is highly imperative.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description