Medical Representative Job Profile and Description
When it comes to selling and marketing of health care products and frequently used pharmaceutical drugs, it is the Medical Representative you does the job. A fast-paced job, it always requires the medical representatives to stay on their toes. The medical representatives need to do a lot of justice to this highly demanding job by staying acquainted with new medicines and communicating adequately to prospective clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out one-on-one discussions and meetings with doctors, pharmacists and other health care professionals in order to supply them information on drugs and other healthcare supplies.
- Furnishing the health care professionals with regular supplies of health care products as per their requirements.
- Introducing these healthcare professionals to new products that have been launched by their company.
- Visiting the offices and chambers of doctors in order to convince them about purchasing their products.
- Updating themselves about the different medical products and items that are being launched in the market for they need to communicate all details to the prospective customers.
Skills and Specifications
- Good understanding of how drugs work in human bodies
- Interpersonal skills
- Aware of medical terminology and jargon
- Good managerial skills
- Great written and communication skills
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to medicine like physiology, chemistry, biology or any other such subjects.
- Advanced degree would be required to move on to the managerial ranks.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description