Medical Billing and Coding Job Profile and Description
The medical industry has many prestigious jobs to offer of which the Medical Billing and Coding job is one. This is because this department forms a vital part of a medical facility. These medical billers and coders enter all information and records pertaining to the patients in to the computer system in order to maintain the necessary database of all details. Based on these details he prepares the invoice of each and every patient.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorting out, compiling of the medical billing, and coding drafts once they have been successfully done.
- Handling all types of insurance claims insurance policies and even with fraudulent insurance practices.
- Handling confidential patient files and medical records and carrying out the necessary and related functions in an extremely professional and discreet fashion.
- Collecting of funds is also a part of his huge framework of work profile.
- Supervising the billing and coding department and guiding the staffs of the department in such a fashion so that they fulfill necessary function and meet the stipulated deadlines
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent knowledge of medical billing and coding
- Good written and communication skills
- Attention to details
- Highly organized
- Good leadership qualities
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma degree in medical billing and coding courses is highly imperative after completing bachelor’s degree in any related subject.
- Five to ten year’s experience in related field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description