Medical Social Worker Job Profile and Description
Every field requires a professional who takes care of the humanitarian aspect. In the medical field, there are the medical social workers who are licensed professional who are trained to help those who suffer from different illness and health hazards. They help their patients by employing a number of techniques and the main aim of their invested effort is to ensure the emotional and physical well being of the patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Counseling, evaluating patients and even determining what their needs are; since their job is to look after the patient’s welfare, they take care of each and every factor of a patient.
- Referring the patient’s to the rehabilitation centre and other government shelters depending on the diseases and problems faced by the patients.
- Consulting and directing the staff working under him in order to make the unit function smoothly.
- Working at rehabilitation centers and ensuring that the entire department is fully equipped and functions with full force.
- Helping the patient’s and their families in different matters; for example, patients suffering from medical injustice can seek the aid of this professional with the expectation of getting the problem redressed.
Skills and Specifications
- Responsible person.
- Humanitarian and compassionate.
- Hard working.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to supervise.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social work is highly imperative along with some basic medical knowledge.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description