Medical Transcriptionist Job Profile and Description
The Medical Transcriptionists have the duty of listening to the dictated notes of the medical professionals and then transcribing the documents for health care purposes. This makes them play an extremely vital role; hence their rising need in medical centers. This work of documenting would require them to keep into account the patient’s medical history, his diagnostic test reports etc. Once this is done the medical transcriptionist can create a permanent medical record for the patient.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding of medical terminology and jargon for carrying out the task of transcription with due perfection.
- Dealing with different types of reports- operative, consultative, autopsy, medical, diagnostic and many other types of reports.
- Translating the dictated recordings from the doctors and other medical professionals and these recordings can be anything from written reports to correspondence.
- Carrying out many other clerical duties, which can be considered as the part and parcel of a medical transcriptionist’s job.
- Making sure that the task of documenting of the medical terminology and treatment processes is done accurately and perfectly.
- Documenting of different processes pertaining to the physician’s documents and reports thereby keeping them in a coordinated form.
Skills and Specifications
- Good computer skills
- Well versed in Medical language
- Good writing skills
Education and Qualifications
- No particular degree is required for this job but a diploma in Medical Transcription is required.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description