Medical Technologist Job Profile and Description
The Medical Technologist is mostly in charge of the medical laboratory and has to carry out the task of conducting tests and experiments. These people have to deal with everything from the bio hazardous materials to chemicals and biological matters. They play an important role in helping the doctors to carry out a diagnosis of the patients through successful conduction of different tests. Serological, bacterial, biological and all other types of examinations are carried out by the Medical technologists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting different types of body materials and fluids like blood, urine for carrying out different types of medical tests.
- Performing different types of tests- from pregnancy tests to urine analysis and then confirming the test results through different means.
- Maintaining an account of the laboratory supplies that would be required and furnishing the laboratory with those supplies as and when required.
- Assisting the health care providers to carry out the work of specimen collection efficiently and flawlessly.
- Operating and assessing the different laboratory equipments in order to ensure that they are in proper working condition and function successfully as and when required.
Skills and Specifications
- Highly aware of medical technology.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with different technical equipments.
- Ability to instruct and assisting efficiently.
- Great analytical skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine with adequate amount of proficiency in medical technology.
- Five to ten years degree in related field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description