Naturopathic Physician Job Profile and Description
Trained as a medical doctor, the naturopathic Physician performs the same allopathic practice in the diagnosis and assessment of diseases but uses a system of medical practice based on naturopathic or natural healing abilities of the patients. They may use various treatment regimens like correct dieting using organic foods, exercise as well as psychological methods. They can also prescribe medication using natural, organic or herbal formulation.
Naturopathic Physician Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct patient interview and document patient complaint on symptoms.
- Obtain and update patient’s medical and health histories.
- Conduct standard medical and physical examination and perform standard diagnostic tests in confirming suspected disease or ailment
- Advise patients on treatment options on both allopathic and naturopathic areas with emphasis on therapeutic exercise, and nutritional medicine regimens and natural treatment options.
- Administer or prescribe naturally formulated drugs such as botanical and herbal extracts, natural dietary supplements, vitamins, Nutraceuticals, amino acids and other organic and natural products.
- Keep abreast with medical and naturopathic developments through further post graduate studies, attendance in local and overseas symposia and conferences and subscription to related journals.
- Administer therapies like homeopathy, hydrotherapy, Ayurvedic or Oriental medicine, diathermy, etc.
- Order patients to undergo required diagnostic imaging procedures such as radiographs (x-rays), MRI, mammograms, ultrasounds, and bone densitometry tests,
- Refer patients to other health professionals in the treatment of diseases requiring further diagnosis and evaluation.
Naturopathic Physician Skills and Specifications
- Must have knowledge in the use of high technology devices and tools in diagnosing and treating skin disorders.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
Naturopathic Physician Education and Qualifications
- A doctor of medicine with a state license to practice as a doctor is basic.
- Post graduate degree in naturopathic medicine is basic.
Naturopathic Physician Salary
Depending on the hospital and state, a Naturopathic Physician can earn from $135,000 to $212,000 annually, depending on hospital and state.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description