Immunologist Job Profile and Description
Immunologists are medical doctors who specialize in research and/or practical application in preventive inoculation against known contagious diseases in both humans and animals. They work with a team of biologists and microbiologists, geneticists and other scientists as well as environmentalists when dealing with research in the study of diseases and developing vaccines against these along with new strains of infectious diseases.
Immunologist Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research on organism’s immune system and its various responses to various antigens along with different ecological systems.
- Conduct scientific experiments to isolate micro-organisms that establish a causal link to diseases.
- Research into disease causing micro-organisms to evaluate human immunity responses in the presence of introduced vaccine.
- Wear protective apparel when working with toxic bacterial agents and chemicals.
- Conduct preventive inoculations on children and patients
- Conduct preventive inoculations for resident medical practitioners when exposed in the research and experimentation of contagious diseases.
Immunologist Skills and Specifications
- Must have high comprehension ability in handling complex theoretical and technical aspects of immunological projects.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Must have strong computer literacy to handle large databases of organic diseases and perform computational simulation.
Immunologist Education and Qualifications
A medical doctor or PhD holder with at least 2-3 years of accredited internship and pass the American Board of Allergy and Immunology is basic.
3-5 years experience in research or clinical immunology is an advantage.
The salary for an Immunologist in 2009 ranges between $42,000 and $200,000, annually, depending on qualification, workplace and state. In L.A, clinical immunologists working in hospitals and pharmaceutical companies earn between $142,000 and $152,000 annually.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description