Paralegals Job Description and Profile
Paralegals are not qualified lawyers but they perform legal work. Caseworker or legal assistant are the other names of the same job title. The job role of a paralegal in organizations, including the public sector, business, law firms and industry, involves any task from fundamental level administrative effort to higher-level casework.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranging meetings, billing, telephone work and performing other administration related tasks.
- Proofreading and drafting, including taking explanation at court, compiling attendance notes, letter writing, proofreading documents.
- Working closely with paralegals for maintaining structured and comprehensive file indexes and case files.
- Performing legal research and liaising with clients. Taking notes of witness statements and analyzing the information.
- Reading and electronically profiling e-mails case wise.
- Managing case files and preparing litigation bundles.
- Working closely with other faculty in a team-familiarized manner.
- Maintaining superior public relations with business associates and clients.
- Assisting with Power Point presentations to existing clients, prospective clients, and other industry related seminars.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to read and write for proof reading and editing purposes.
- Good understanding of policies and procedures of law.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in internet research activities.
- Operate under minimal supervision.
- Ability to transcribe correspondence and reports, legal documents.
- Ability to equilibrate priorities and organize work effectively to meet deadlines.
Educations and Qualifications
- High school diploma or degree in Law from an accredited institution.
- Legal assistant certification from an accredited institution.
Criminal Defense Attorney Job Description
Divorce & Family Lawyer Job Description
Court Stenographer Job Description
Court Recorder Job Description
Criminal Lawyer Job Description
Community Lawyer Job Description
Housing Lawyer Job Description
Education Lawyer Job Description
Senior Officer Legal Job Description
Staff Attorney Job Description
Volunteer Legal Intern Job Description
Law Firm Administrator Job Description