IT Quality Assurance Analyst Job Profile and Description
Developing and coding software programs carries a high risk or programmatic and syntax errors that debugging them can be problematic and potentially wastes productive time in large coding projects. The key to ensuring bug-free or trouble free coding is to have landmark points during the development process where the IT Quality Assurance Analyst and check the work and prevent or minimize coding errors.
IT Quality Assurance Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and document the automated regression test systems for in-process QA testing.
- Design, develop and document the technical and functional test scripts.
- Execute load test scripts using the corporate load testing and stress tool
- Identify coding and development issues, enter them into the corporate defect tracking system and resolve the issue with programmers.
- Provide reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in existing and in-progress IT systems
- Communicate test progress and results to system stakeholders.
- Recommend improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Recommend approval on programs that passed the test.
- Document the development process and provide regular updates to management.
IT Quality Assurance Analyst Skills and Specifications
- Must have excellent listening, oral and interpersonal skills to interact with programmers and application users or stakeholders
- Must have excellent technical writing skills to documents QA results and recommendations
- Must have an analytical mind and an eye for detail that can help troubleshoot problematic programs and executable codes
IT Quality Assurance Analyst Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering, Information Technologies Computer Science or related course in computers and management sciences is basic.
- 3-5 years of experience as a programmer in the specified language is basic
- A certification in Quality Assurance is an advantage
IT Quality Assurance Analyst
The median hourly salary for IT Quality Assurance Analysts in 2009 was at $40.90 hourly or $85,080 annually. There’s a wide spread of salaries depending on the industry, size of company and qualification
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description