Reconstructive/Plastic Surgeon Job Profile and Description
A plastic surgeon is a doctor specializing in the reconstruction of skin, muscles, tissues, ligaments and bones for either cosmetic purposes or for treating burn or accident victims as well children with physical deformities in any part of the body. Cosmetic surgeons are the most popular for enhancing looks and can specialize in liposuction, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, double chin removal, facelifts, rhinoplasty, abdominoplasty, hair transplants or eyelid surgery.
Reconstructive/Plastic Surgeon Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform corrective, reconstructive or cosmetic surgery as required in treating a patient in compliance with state and hospital regulations.
- Provide patients seeking cosmetic surgery with information on the surgical procedures, cost and risk along with alternatives available.
- Work closely with other doctors in patients diagnosed with congenital diseases or victims of traumatic accidents requiring reconstructive surgery
- Coordinate with hospitals for use of operating rooms and facilities in non medical cosmetic surgical procedures.
- Coordinate with hospital administrative staff for professional fees in its hospital billing services.
- Attend local and overseas conferences and symposia on emerging trends in reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
- Participate actively in collegial meetings and team work when evaluating diagnosis and designing treatment plans for patients with potential reconstructive surgery requirement.
Reconstructive/Plastic Surgeon Job Skills and Specifications
- Must have knowledge in the use of high technology devices and tools in diagnosing and treating skin disorders.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
Reconstructive/Plastic Surgeon Job Education and Qualifications
- A doctor of medicine with a state license to practice as a doctor is basic.
- Passing the certification exams of the American Board of Dermatologists
- Membership in a dermatological association is an advantage
Reconstructive/Plastic Surgeon Job Salary
According to payscale.com, a Reconstructive/Plastic Surgeon’s annual salary can range from $124,600 to $315,000 inclusive of bonuses and commissions.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description