SAP ABAP Programmer Job Description
SAP Enterprise Resource Planning systems have become the market leader in ERP solutions thanks to its rich functionality as well as its functional and technical flexibility using ABAP programming. The aftersales technical programming support to enhance and customize SAP is made possible by seasoned SAP ABAP Programmer who work on the system source doe. For large SAP installations, a team of ABAP programmers is assigned to each of the various SAP modules, depending on the scope of the functions activated and the extent of system enhancements and customization work required.
SAP ABAP Programmer Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain programs to enhance the assigned application module using the SAP development tools (ABAP, SAPScript, iDocs, BAPI, RFC).
- Collaborate with the SAP Project Management, Business and Systems Analysts and user departments to develop specifications for system enhancements for continuous functional improvement.
- Develop Test Plans and automated scripts to assure expected performance quality levels meet standards in development efforts.
- Implement technical architecture surrounding the package.?
SAP ABAP Programmer Skills and Specifications
- Has extensive knowledge and skill in ABAP programming, SAP data dictionary and file structures, SAP ADI, ALE and in customizing iDocs, BAPI’s and interface using RFC calls
- Experience with MM, PO, FI/CO, AP and Banking modules of SAP
- Excellent analytical mind to question program enhancements that may not be necessary with work-arounds from the SAP system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
SAP ABAP Programmer Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technologies or related course in computers and management sciences is basic
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience as an application programmer in the ABAP language is preferred.
- Experience with SAPScript, EAI tools (IBM WBI/MQ) and SAP XI is an advantage
SAP ABAP Programmer Salary
The pay scale range for an SAP Consultant in Finance inclusive of bonuses and profit sharing commissions range from $60,600 to $101,400 annually. This takes into account the different pays provided by various industries who use the SAP Suite of ERP application products.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description