Business LawJob Profile And Description
Business law is a field where an attorney or lawyer who is an expert in corporate law works with companies on various matters related to business transactions and deals. A business lawyer has to provide counsel to the client company on the various legal aspects of running a business or while entering new agreements. He has to create and review legal documents related to those transactions, sometimes negotiate with other firms on behalf of their client, tackle any legal problem or disputes that may arise and also gives advice on areas like copyright, trademark, bankruptcy, licensing, etc. He has to do all the paperwork related to a deal and also give his expert opinion on the legal aspects, making sure all the corporate laws are followed.
Business LawDuties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a business lawyer will involve:
- Help create documents regarding any business transaction like selling or buying property, mergers and acquisitions or representing the company in the court
- Other areas where one requires the expertise of the business lawyer are litigation, licensing, trademark, copyright issues and providing counsel on various legal matters related to business operations
Business LawSkills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a business lawyer include:
- Good analytical, communication, negotiation and research skills
- Smart and presentable appearance and organizational skills
- Knowledge of business and commercial law
Business LawEducation And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a business lawyer are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree from any university and a jury’s doctor degree from an accredited law school with specialization in corporate law.
- Pass the bar exam in your state to get your license and to be able to practice
The starting salary of a business lawyer is $69,000 per year but it can go over $160,000 depending on experience.