Business Management Job Profile And Description
Business management is field where one takes responsibility of managing the business of a company by coordinating between different departments and supervising their performance. It is a senior level position and a business manager is directly involved in setting the goals of the company and then must come up with a strategy which will help achieve those targets. He usually has a team working under him where the members are given responsibility of individual targets which they must meet. He thus plays a very important role in managing the day to day operations of the office and also regularly interacts with other departments to ensure that everyone is working towards the goals or not. He may also have to meet clients and make presentations to them.
Business Management Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a business manager will involve:
- Working with the sales department and suggesting strategies that will boost the company’s profits
- Coordinate among different regional offices or departments and communicate with them
- Hire and train the staff members and assigns them responsibilities
- Set a deadline for projects and check the progress
- Meet clients and other executives to seal deals and transactions
Business Management Skills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a business manager include:
- Must be presentable and have a smart personality to make a positive impression on clients
- Good communication, leadership and networking skills
- Take quick decisions and remain calm under pressure
Business Management Education And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a business manager are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in business management or an MBA is the most important requirement
- One also needs work experience of five or more years
Business Management Salary
The average salary of a business manager is around $84,000 a year but the salary depends on the exact job position.
Business Management Job Profile and Description
The job profile of business managers, who have studied Business Management, can differ depending on the size of the business and the scale of their functions. In a small enterprise, the manager will be expected to focus on marketing, finances, accounting, human resources and other accompanying functions in addition to the day-to-day working. Hence, an organization will not only design and develop products, but also markets them, manages finances and keeps accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating with account manager in developing actions on accessible customer’s sites.
- Developing and implementing strategies for the new product and services by analyzing business needs.
- Firing employees who are unfit for the company and determining office needs in terms of supplies.
- Maintaining the count of hours each employee is working in addition to the set pay of employees.
- Ensuring that the office rents and electric, gas and water tariffs are being paid on time.
- Taking care of renovations and overseeing those projects as well.
- Listening to complaints against the company and take instant adequate remedial action.
- Managing and coordinating work of the process managers.
- Creating and establishing an annual budget and fiscal plan, and presenting it before the board of directors.
Skills and Specifications
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Must possess sound business communication skills.
- Be good at problem-solving complex issues.
- Should be a good thinker and able to take quick decisions
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration from accredited management school.
Oceanography Career Description
Strategic Planner Career Description
Business Law Career Description
Business Analyst Career Description
Business Administration Career Description
Business Development Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Mortgage Broker Career Description