Business Analyst Job Profile And Description
A business analyst is someone who takes responsibility of studying a company’s business objectives, resources and performance and depending on the results of that analysis he has to create business strategies which will help the company to post better profits or solve any operational problems it may be facing at the moment. A business analyst has to take into account many factors and coordinate among different departments to find out the best possible solution to the issues faced by the company and for that he must understand how the company functions, who are the competitors, what the customers want, what are the latest business trends in the market and so on.
Business Analyst Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a business analyst will involve:
- To use his quantitative and analytical skills to analyze the company’s financial records and statements to understand what needs to be to meet the objectives
- Formulate solutions and strategies to solve any problem and suggest improvements
- Create reports based on the analysis and make presentations to the clients
Business Analyst Skills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a business analyst include:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Proficiency in certain technical areas and knowledgeable about the area of expertise
Business Analyst Education And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a business analyst are as follows:
- A bachelor’s and preferably master’s degree in subjects like business management, business administration
- Courses to be studied include finance, sales, marketing etc
- One can get the Certified Business Analyst Professional credentials through any accredited institution
Business Analyst Salary
The median salary of a business analyst is $56,000 but the figure can go up from company to company and city to city and also on the level of qualifications and experience a person has.
Business Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
The position of a Business Analyst is a highly specialized position with a plethora of challenges and responsibilities. Business analyst’s main responsibility is to ensure the operational efficacy and excellence of an organization. The business analyst designs and documents work flow, manages and provides solutions to new business unit ideas, trends, and concepts appropriately through the latest technological paths. The business analyst understands the customer’s business requirements and business process management, and then translates them to particular software requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting and analyzing the project’s business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to development team.
- Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the client’s business needs.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Communicating effectively with external clients and internal teams to deliver product’s functional requirements like screen, interface, and GUI designs.
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client.
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios.
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
Skills and Specifications
- Advanced skills in Ms Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration is an added advantage.
Oceanography Career Description
Strategic Planner Career Description
Business Law Career Description
Business Administration Career Description
Business Management Career Description
Business Development Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Mortgage Broker Career Description