Gym Teacher Job Profile And Description
A gym teacher is also called a PE teacher and works in a school to give physical education training to the students studying there. He is someone who has received training on how to make students more fit and healthy and makes them do a series of exercises, participate in different types of sports and also teach them about a healthy diet and nutrition too. Most gym teachers are proficient in one sports or more and they also serve as a subject teacher or coach particular sports team of the school. The teacher must keep himself up to date on the different skills required to do the job well and encourage students to be physically more active as it is part of the all-round development of a child.
Gym Teacher Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a gym teacher involve:
- Giving students general instruction on exercises and various physical activities and sports
- Create lesson plans and grade students on their performance in the field
Gym Teacher Skills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a gym teacher include:
- He should have good communication skills so that students feel boosted to perform well
- He must be in excellent physical shape himself
Gym Teacher Education And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a gym teacher are as follows:
- He needs to have a four-year bachelor’s degree in physical education and can also opt for courses like exercise science which is offered in some states
- You also need to have an additional teaching certificate because only then will you be able to teach in a school
Gym Teacher Salary
The salary of a gym teacher ranges from $34,000 to $51,000 in a year which varies according to their qualifications.