Preschool Teacher Job Profile and Description
A preschool teacher teaches children between the ages of three and five. They help them develop their skills and abilities and prepare them for primary school education. A preschool teacher is responsible for the overall growth of a child and thus requires to be versatile, energetic and creative.
Preschool Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a preschool teacher are as follows:
- Organize activities which are designed to promote mental & social development of the children.
- Observe and pay careful attention to each child’s behavior, social development and health.
- Organizing parent-teacher meetings from time to time.
- Maintain records & recording progress
- Organizing and leading outdoor activities from time to time.
- Providing a healthy, hygienic and safe environment that facilitates learning.
- Conduct regular tests to help determine the child’s development levels, growth and potential.
Preschool Teacher Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a preschool teacher are as follows:
- The candidate should have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should have good organizational and management skills.
- Sense of responsibility is a must.
- The person applying for this position should be very imaginative and creative.
- Should have great patience.
- Should be encouraging and expressive.
- The candidate should be informative and resourceful.
- Should possess leadership skills.
Preschool Teacher Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a preschool teacher are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree or certificate course in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Child Development
- High School Diploma
- Extra skills in music, art, and dance can be helpful.
- Previous experience of working with children is also important to get this job.
Preschool Teacher Salary
A preschool teacher can expect to get an annual salary of $ 30,000-50,000.