Science Teacher Job Profile And Description
A science teacher is someone who has the right skills and knowledge to teach the subject of science in a school. These teachers usually work at the middle school level where there is only one science teacher who teaches all the different areas of science like biology, physics and chemistry. He has a big role to play because he has to inculcate the interest in the subject among the students and make them fill with wonder and questioning about what happens to the world around them. Science is a very important subjects and it is crucial that the science teacher is able to get the attention of the students so that they can select a career out of the many options available in the field of science.
Science Teacher Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a science teacher involve:
- Lay a foundation of scientific enquiry in the child and teach them various lessons in the curriculum
- Make lesson plans, prepare test questions, grade them and examine the students’ performance
- Take students on field trips and combine theoretical knowledge with practical studies
Science Teacher Skills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a middle school teacher include:
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Disciplined and knowledgeable about science
- Patient with students.
Science Teacher Education And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a science teacher are as follows:
- He needs to have a four-year bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in science or any subject related to science
- He should also clear the certification courses required for working in schools of his state
Science Teacher Salary
The salary of a science teacher is around $50,000 a year, which can be as low as $35,000 and as high as $80,000 depending on the qualifications and where the teacher is working.