Appraiser Aide Job Description and Profile
Under immediate supervision, the job of Appraiser Aide entails performing a variety of technical duties in support of professional appraisers conducting valuation of properties for tax purposes and performs other related tasks as assigned. Appraiser Aide is considered paraprofessional support designed to work between the clerks and the professional Appraisers.
Duties and Specifications
- With the use of specialized computer software system, performs computations such as square footage as well as values of property base year; prepares and measures scale drawings of improvements.
- Assists in field evaluation by gathering important data from conversations in the field, telephone conversations and other means; identifies completion stage on new construction; collects valuable data on age, quality, lot size, condition, zoning, plotting and zoning and sends such information to appraisers to be used in valuation analysis or appeals resolution.
- Reads and reviews the accuracy of zoning, building and land division permits related to the nature of date, permit, construction, permit and parcel numbers; initiates property and building records, data records and other important appraiser records to be used by appraisers.
- Utilizes existing tables to determine structural value classified by certified appraisers; collects and transmits information in approved form for conclusions of value; assists in the organization and collection of data for use in appeals on assessments or filings on tax exemption.
- Writers letters to taxpayers regarding queries and inquiries; creates reports for immediate supervisor and appraiser regarding gathered information or completed work.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to learn various assessment functions.
- Can learn construction and appraisal procedures and terminology.
- Be able to learn to prepare drawings of improvements.
- Adept in gathering and evaluating information for appraisal purposes.
- Can make accurate computations.
- Be able to follow rules, regulations, instructions and procedures.
- Able to read and interpret sketches and blueprints.
- Able to elicit important data and information from builders, property owners, real estate professionals, attorneys, various government representatives and general public to be used in the proper appraisal of property.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited institution.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description