AVP/Director – Hosting Service Management Job Profile and Description
Depending on the extent of a company’s client hosting solutions which can cover web hosting or application hosting in dedicated mainframe and UNIX logical partitions or server farms, the AVP/Director for Hosting Services Management is responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of its clients by maintaining high systems availability and marshalling the company’s data center and network resources for aftersales technical support.
AVP/Director – Hosting Service Management Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the partitioning of computer servers to ensure optimum resource allocation to hosted clients without sacrificing computer, data storage and network performance.
- Assign hosting representative or account officer for client hosting projects.
- Approve additional storage increases and computing resource upgrades
- Provide hosting cost per client reports to senior marketing executives
- Provide the policy directives to a team of systems and network administrators to ensure they perform their assigned task productively and in compliance to high systems availability standards
- Coordinate with applications development to schedule testing of applications affecting hosted solutions
- Perform hiring and firing of management staff in accordance with HR directives
AVP/Director – Hosting Service Management Skills and Specifications
- Must have administrative competence to oversee mainframe operations
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory and managerial skills
AVP/Director – Hosting Service Management Education and Qualifications
- A college degree in computer science or management is basic while a masters degree or MBA is preferred
- At least 12-15 years of experience in mainframe OS/VMS/CICS commuting environment with the last 5 years in a senior analyst or administrator position.
AVP/Director – Hosting Service Management Salary
The annual average salary of an AVP/Director for Hosting Services varies depending on the nature and extent of the hosting solutions, state and holder’s qualification. Mainframe hosting solutions offer the highest salaries for the position which can exceed $180,000 annually. The position for web hosting offers less.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description