Computer Software Job Profile & Description
Many individuals in the computer software field have a minimum bachelor’s degree in a software related field. Employers look for applicants with a wide range of knowledge, skills and abilities with a diversity of computer technologies and systems. Students with aspirations of working in the computer software field can up their marketability by participating in co-ops or internships. Most software vendors offer certification programs, but they are not enough to acquire most jobs in this field.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Studying the needs of computer users then designing software to counter those needs.
- Developing computer software programs designed for special utility or general computer applications.
- Coordinating the requirements of departments in a company and contributing suggestions for the general technical direction to setup, expand and maintain the company’s computer infrastructure
- Improving computer systems already in use
- Analyzing tasks and applying techniques of engineering, computer science and mathematical analysis to develop with the most suited program.
- Instructing computer programmers in writing computer programs and assist when they encounter a problem
- Testing the computer system for problems and examining it for errors in data or logic.
- Meeting with clients and designers to get to understand the scope of projects before starting to design a program.
- Designing computer software depending on a client’s present and future needs.
- Configuring, implementing and installing computer systems for clients and companies
Skills and specifications
- Passion for computer systems and software
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and present ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good sense of pacing and timing
- Ability to fit and work well with team members or as an individual
- Dedication to carry on with their training and education
- Ability to pay attention to detail
Education and Qualifications
BSc in Computer Software and related field e.g. Software Engineering, Programming or system design
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description