Computing Hardware Systems Director Job Profile and Description
The Computing Hardware Systems Manager can be found mostly in mainframe data center, but can also be found in server farm installations. The position overseas a team of computer and electronics engineers and technicians whoa re tasked to perform the proper installation, upgrade and maintenance of computer hardware and firmware to ensure their uninterrupted operations.
Computing Hardware Systems Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with computer hardware vendors in any project management work to install new or upgraded hardware and firmware.
- Organize and lead a team of computer and electronics engineer and technicians to ensure the proper mainframe or departmental computer hardware installation and maintenance.
- Update senior management on the progress of involvement in any computer project management, installation, upgrade and repair work.
- Develop and implement the departmental performance standards for project management involving computer hardware and firmware
Computing Hardware Systems Director Skills and Specifications
- Must have the technical competence to lead a team of engineers and technicians in the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory and managerial skills
- Can work long hours and ready for on-call work under extreme pressure
Computing Hardware Systems Director Education and Qualifications
- A BS degree in electronics or computer engineering is basic.
- A masters degree or MBA is an advantage
- At least 12-15 years of experience in the IT department with the last 5 years in a senior analyst or administrator position is a must.
Computing Hardware Systems Director Salary
The annual average salary of a Computer Hardware Systems Direction varies depending on the industry, its size, extent of computer operations, whether mainframe or smaller systems, state and holder’s qualification. In general, the position commands am average of $90,000 to a high of $133,000 annually.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description