Database Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
A Database Analyst is someone who manages and organizes electronic data according to corporate data administration policies and standards in order to ensure that the information needs of the users are met. For planning and coordinating activities, organizations remain in invariant communication with one another and the data transfer has to be performed efficiently and smoothly as possible. These analysts manage the execution of the technologies, help the businesses in utilizing their database systems, and install the necessary software and hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with IT team to configure hardware or software to perform installations, upgrades, testing, working at optimization of capacity planning, data storage, efficiencies, and database growth.
- Writing and understanding Microsoft SQL. Writing SQL statements, stored procedures and views using industry best practices for security and efficiency.
- Working on database and code management, review and documentation.
- Working with application developers to know how applications work and testing results.
- Creating, developing and managing internal procedures for various job functions within the ERP system.
- Managing relationship between ERP vendors and carousel.
- Supporting of ERP software, database structure and data.
- Working with implementation team to build, customize and roll new ERP solution to organization and with consultants to design and build database structure specific to carousel’s needs.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Ability to use inductive reasoning.
- Ability to determine the interrelationships between solutions and requirements.
- Should be able to communicate and market data administration concepts to management, staffs and clients.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
Education and Qualifications
- University degree or college diploma in computer science with course work in database management, information systems and business.
Professional certification in computer and several applications such as Excel, Access and SQL.
Systems Analyst Job Description
Software Business Analyst Job Description
Requirement Analyst Job Description
Marketing Data Analyst Job Description
HR Analyst Job Description
Criminal Analyst Job Description
CFA Job Description
Staff Analyst Job Description
Financial Systems Analyst Job Description
Public Affairs Analyst Job Description
Business Analyst Job Descriptions
Sales Analyst Job Descriptions