Sales Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
The job of the Sales Analyst is to collect, analyze, and report the sales related information in an ongoing attempt to increase sales productivity. He collects the sales records and evaluates the overall performance while considering the current economic conditions. A sales analyst creates both custom and standardized reports, conducts sales and quantitative product analyses, provides support for retailer, consumer, and internal promotions and assesses data integrity and future needs. To develop and track the key performance indicators is critical for a sales analyst for understanding the business and in improving decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting management in the development and evaluation of rolling sales forecast and sales budget.
- Collecting, analyzing, evaluating, and reporting data to increase general sales productivity.
- Analyzing business operations to determine profitability as well as to create a baseline for operational changes and action.
- Collecting sales trends and records and evaluating performance calculated against sales quotas.
- Analyzing outcomes and set up accounts containing respective ideas, conclusions and all-purpose guidance.
- Evaluating current economic situations and preparing sales forecasts.
- Analyzing sales as well as performance records and interpreting outcomes of overall sales.
- Analyzing requests for proposals, coordinating response plan with sales manager and preparing a schedule for bidding.
- Developing reporting structure and models that identify costs per unit and determine baseline for action.
Skills and Specifications
- Relational databases knowledge.
- Ability to perform complicated analysis like forecasting, regression, and cannibalization.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of computer programming, SQL, and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in computer science from an accredited institution.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Accounting, or any related field.
Systems Analyst Job Description
Software Business Analyst Job Description
Requirement Analyst Job Description
Marketing Data Analyst Job Description
HR Analyst Job Description
Criminal Analyst Job Description
CFA Job Description
Staff Analyst Job Description
Financial Systems Analyst Job Description
Public Affairs Analyst Job Description
Business Analyst Job Descriptions
Database Analyst Job Descriptions