District Attorney Job Profile and Description
A district attorney plays an important role to present a city, country and state in criminal cases. A district attorney is appointed to argue on criminal cases by analysing available evidences and to make decisions when a prosecution is required. The job of a district attorney is multifaceted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- He has to review the copy of submitted reports, policies reports and requests from victim.
- A district attorney requires evaluation of all follow ups associated with the case in terms of reports and notes to measure the strength of case.
- He needs to prepare for hearing trials, based on physical evidences, legal issues and by identifying and interviewing the criminal.
- He is responsible for drafting of memoranda, legal notes, arrest warrants, diversion agreements and supporting affidavits.
- He has to appear in the court to represent the city, state and country for submitting evidences, arguments on hearing of cases and arranging witness available.
- He has to conduct a necessary legal search for case preparation and do all the function assigned by the attorney.
- He has to take needed dates for the case of his hearing
- He has to prepare his client for cross questioning.
Skills and Specifications
- He should have sound knowledge of criminal codes and associated law suits to argue fairly in the court.
- A district attorney must be aware of associated job functions.
- He should be able to investigate concerned evidences, diversion agreements and should be able to suggest appropriate resolution.
- He should have good communication skills
- He should have an eye for details.
- He should have good interpersonal skills
Education and Qualification
A district attorney should be a graduate in law stream with good experience. Moreover he should also have post graduation degree in law.
Criminal Defense Attorney Job Description
Divorce & Family Lawyer Job Description
Court Stenographer Job Description
Court Recorder Job Description
Criminal Lawyer Job Description
Community Lawyer Job Description
Housing Lawyer Job Description
Education Lawyer Job Description
Senior Officer Legal Job Description
Staff Attorney Job Description
Volunteer Legal Intern Job Description
Law Firm Administrator Job Description