Game Developer Job Profile and Description
Developing TV console and PC games is one of the most exciting and rewarding jobs out there, not only because it gives reign to your imagination that is next to being a TV or film director. It’s rewarding when you know that thousands of kids and game aficionados are playing with what you’ve designed. But behind the fun, the Game Designer/Developer can be as easy as a one-man operation or a teamwork among artists, voice talents, musicians, scriptwriters and programmers, to mention some.
Game Developer Duties and Responsibilities
- Write bug-free gaming code in a variety of platforms (Windows, Android, Blackberry, Symbian, Playstation or Nintendo, etc.) as may be assigned for the project.
- Work with game designer to be guided on the plan and architecture of the game
- Develop the game prototype for approval.
- Document all coding initiatives.
- Perform changes in the coding as may be required in the review of the prototype.
- Develop popular arcade games and optimize them for porting it into Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Android, and Symbian smartphones and cellphones.
- Participate in game communities online to understand markets.
Game Developer Skills and Specifications
- 3-5 years of working experience with programming technologies
- Programming experience with Java, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or other languages
- Strong sense of game design for usability and great user experience
- Familiarity of mobile and/or social networking technologies is a plus
- Previous startup skills preferred
Game Developer Education and Qualifications
- A college degree in Computer Science or Computer Technology or related field with focus on programming is basic
- Training in the required programming language as required (Java, Flash, CGI, HTML5, or C+, etc.)
Game Designer/Developer Salary
Considered one of the highest paying jobs, a game developer’s annual salary can range from $67,000 to a high of $145,000 with a median of $100,000.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description