High School Admissions Administrator Job Profile and Description
Large secondary schools employ admissions clerks and processors to standardize the process and they report to the High School Admissions Administrator who is responsible in implementing the school’s admission policies and standards. The position provides direction and leadership to the team to ensure they can handle the volume of enrollees without losing sight of the procedural standards of the school. The Administrator often constitutes a panel of senior teachers to interview students from other schools as the last stage of their screening after passing a written admission test.
High School Admissions Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the admissions screening procedures in accordance with the school’s academic standards and administer this to student applicants.
- Supervise admissions clerks to ensure they perform according to their defined duties and responsibilities
- Develop screening procedures to special students with learning disabilities or are gifted enough to be awarded with scholarships or advancement to a higher high school level.
- Coordinate with the schools financial aid administrators to ensure that government and private foundations that provide academic, military and sports scholarships settle the enrollment matriculation and tuitions fees as published.
High School Admissions Administrator Skills and Specifications
- Must have complete and thorough grasp of the school’s admission policies, rules and procedures as well as the faculty involved in screening applicants
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent organizational, managerial and supervisory skills
High School Admissions Administrator Education and Qualifications
- A BS degree in any field is basic.
- A previous teaching experience in another high school is an advantage
- 3-5 years of experience in education administration is an advantage.
High School Admissions Administrator Salary
The annual median salary of a High School Admissions Administrator in 2008 stood at about $45,000 with the middle 50% earning from $39,000 and $51,000. The lowest 10% earned about $28,000 while the highest 10% earned almost $72,000.
Medical Office Administrator Job Description
Fresher Administrative Job Description
Chief Security Administrator Job Description
Confidential Payroll Manager Job Description
Administration Career Descriptions
Risk Fiscal Administrator Job Description
Medical Records Administrator Job Description
Company Facilities Supervisor Job Description
Administrative Services Clerk Job Description
University Admissions Administrator Job Description
Sanatorium Administrator Job Description
Animal Show Training Curator Job Description