Sanatorium Administrator Job Profile and Description
The counterpart of a hospital administrator, the Sanatorium Administrator is also known as the Asylum Head or Mental Institution Administrator which refer to the same thing – being the head of a hospital devoted to the prolonged care and rehabilitation of people medically diagnosed as mentally disabled or insane. They are hospital executives who also administer the facilities for the criminally insane who have been so convicted in a court of law that their level of insanity disqualifies them to be a safe and productive member of society
Sanatorium Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and present to the sanatorium board the operating and capital budgets for the upcoming year for their approval and implement as approved.
- Implement and enforce the approved sanatorium policies to all staff, patients and visitors for their safety and protection
- Admit and confine patients referred to them by doctors and are diagnosed with severe mental disability or insanity.
- Ensure that orderlies, nurses, psychiatrists and administrative staff follow their duties and responsibilities as contractually obligated.
- Coordinate with local and federal judges and law enforcement agencies for the admission of criminally insane into the facilities
Sanatorium Administrator Skills and Specifications
- Must have strong leadership, supervisory, organizational and managerial competence.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a respected presence among the medical peers.
Sanatorium Administrator Education and Qualifications
- A master’s degree in public administration, business administration, health administration or management is basic on top of the medical degree in psychiatry
- 5-8 years of experience in managing a regular or mental hospital is preferred.
Sanatorium Administrator Salary
The annual salary of Sanatorium Administrator closely parallels that of a hospital administrator which varies with the size, location and specialization of the medical institution as well as the associated masteral degree possessed. Those with MBA degrees can earn as much as $175,000 – $185,000 annually while whose with MHA (Master in Heath Administration) can warn up to $115,000.
Medical Office Administrator Job Description
Fresher Administrative Job Description
Chief Security Administrator Job Description
Confidential Payroll Manager Job Description
Administration Career Descriptions
Risk Fiscal Administrator Job Description
Medical Records Administrator Job Description
Company Facilities Supervisor Job Description
Administrative Services Clerk Job Description
High School Admissions Administrator Job Description
University Admissions Administrator Job Description
Animal Show Training Curator Job Description