Legal Executive Job Profile and Description
Legal executive is a qualified lawyer working alongside barristers and solicitors. They specialize in specific areas of law and handle their own caseloads. Legal executive possess client files and charge their work directly to client, as they are free earners in legal practice privately. Some of the most common specific areas include conveyance, criminal and civil litigation, family law, and probate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attending client meetings, advising and interviewing clients and witnesses.
- Collecting legal information in preparing a range of legal documents.
- Explaining complicated legal issues to clients, corresponding with and negotiating in support of clients.
- Analyzing, exploring, summarizing and interpreting legal information.
- Preparing legal documentation for the conveyance of matrimonial and property, litigation and probate work.
- Working out the totals, calculating inheritance tax and explaining beneficiaries regarding the conditions of wills.
- Tasking summonses and issuing writs.
- Administering trusts and estates and preparing wills.
- Advising and preparing legal documentation on the matters related to setting up a latest business.
- Drafting contracts and drawing up wills.
- Liaising with co-workers from legal practice, courts, accountancy firms, and banks.
- Preparing accounts for a legal practice.
- Attending court to support solicitors and barristers with the effective presentation of cases.
- Keeping abreast with changing legislation.
- Indexing and filling paperwork.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- High level of research and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of regulations and legislation.
- Numeracy and computer literacy.
- Able to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Patient, friendly and helpful.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Law, Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution.
- Diploma in related fields of Law.
Criminal Defense Attorney Job Description
Divorce & Family Lawyer Job Description
Court Stenographer Job Description
Court Recorder Job Description
Criminal Lawyer Job Description
Community Lawyer Job Description
Housing Lawyer Job Description
Education Lawyer Job Description
Senior Officer Legal Job Description
Staff Attorney Job Description
Volunteer Legal Intern Job Description
Law Firm Administrator Job Description