Legal Secretary Job Profile and Description
Legal secretary job entails performing a wide variety of amenable legal secretarial duties to practice groups and attorney. Major duties include providing comprehensive and efficient administrative and secretarial support, preparing motions, discoveries, pleadings, and all other court filings and correspondence related to litigation, providing efficient and effective legal services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting attorneys with litigation related matters, transcribing, and drafting pleadings.
- Receiving and reviewing telephone calls and visitors, providing information concerning policies and procedures.
- Typewriting a wide variety of documents and legal reports, opening and maintaining legal files.
- Operating various office equipments including typewriter, stenographic machine, copier, and computer.
- Exploring, preparing, and filing legal documents with agencies and courts
- Performing proofread and correction tasks for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, format, and content in prepared materials.
- Tracking of litigation and providing case management assistance.
- Reviewing and approving legal documents for disposition.
- Assisting in preparation and supervising departmental budget.
- Compiling data from different sources to incorporate in periodic and special reports.
- Preparing trial notebooks for the presentation of legal case to attorney.
- Composing and ensuring the accuracy of a range of correspondence.
- Preparing and collecting documents, materials, and attending court appearances, meetings and hearings.
- Scheduling the calendar of activities of attorney, including making commitments for conferences, meetings and other appointments.
Skills and Specifications
- High-level proficiency in word processing equipment.
- Good knowledge of legal practices.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence.
- Ability to handle individuals swiftly, decisively and rationally.
- Ability to express creative ideas clearly, persuasively, effectively and accurately.
- Good typewriting proficiency.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma from an accredited institution.
- Legal secretarial course work.
Criminal Defense Attorney Job Description
Divorce & Family Lawyer Job Description
Court Stenographer Job Description
Court Recorder Job Description
Criminal Lawyer Job Description
Community Lawyer Job Description
Housing Lawyer Job Description
Education Lawyer Job Description
Senior Officer Legal Job Description
Staff Attorney Job Description
Volunteer Legal Intern Job Description
Law Firm Administrator Job Description