Logistics Director Job Profile and Description
Logistics directors organize storage and distribution of the goods. They have to ensure that the correct product is delivered at the correct point in a timely manner. Many logistics directors are directly involved in stock control, transportation, warehousing and monitoring the flow of the goods.
A logistics director must have a comprehensive understanding of supply chain management for coordinating effectively and liaise with the suppliers of manufacturers, raw materials, consumers and retailers. They have to be aware of the various external influences on logistics movement.
Logistics Director Duties and Responsibilities
The typical duties and responsibilities that a logistics director has to discharge are as follows:
- Ensure that effective and robust logistics related security, safety, and regularity employee training programs are taken up.
- Drive and facilitate the organization’s strategy for cultivating a fully engaged logistics workforce.
- Developing of quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining the order flow of all products and managing the customer delivery chain.
- Maintaining and caring for the warehousing and logistics hub.
- Managing the sourcing, tracking and reception of products and materials.
- Evaluating and reviewing the organization’s logistics operation business practices, updating and developing process documentation, streamlining opportunities, and eliminating the non-value added services.
Logistics Director Skills and Specifications
The typical skills and specifications required from a logistics director include the following:
- Strong business acumen for effectively managing the costs and revenues. Anticipating market and client opportunities and responding appropriately.
- Self –managing and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Effective in building customer relations.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Geographical knowledge of major clients, competition, economic trends etc.
- Understanding client needs and anticipating the responds and changes appropriately.
- Ability to persuade clients for accepting reasonable solutions.
- Negotiation skills i.e. the ability for protecting the interests of the organization via negotiations.
- Proficiency in computers, especially spreadsheets.
- Superb negotiation skills.
Logistics Director Education and Qualification
Common educational qualifications required from a logistics director are as follows:
- A bachelors’ degree in commerce with accounts or finance as major.
- An MBA degree logistics management is of added advantage.
- Over seven years’ experience in logistics management and three years’ experience in managing logistics staff.
Logistics Director Salary
A logistic director is usually paid an average annual salary of $91,000 including bonuses and perks. Remuneration increases with experience.
Assistant Director Job Description
Financial Aid Director Job Description
Payroll Director Job Description
Film Art Director Job Description
Associate Director Job Description
Internal Audit Director Job Description
Call Center Manager Job Description
HVAC Technician Job Description
Dental Hygienist Job description
Administration director job description
Physical Therapist Job Description
Finance Reporting Manager Job Description