Medical Billing Job Profile and Description
Without a Medical Biller to its aid, a medical organization no matter what its size is, would fail to function perfectly. He has the task of compiling and tracking all outstanding bills, which are owed to the medical organization itself. A medical biller executes all tasks from making payments and arranging them to keeping an account of the patient’s information. He has the important job of running the financial aspect of the medical organization which is done trough a number of ways.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting accounts meticulously and liaising between the medical facilities and collection agencies in order to maintain a good level of coordination.
- Tracking all sorts of billing and monitoring all collections and payments in order to keep things running smoothly.
- Maintaining the compliance of the department with the local, state and federal laws and thereby ensuring a legitimate style of functioning of the department.
- Maintaining all information pertaining to the patients that would include operation dates, the insurance policies made by them etc.
- Organizing the different functions of the department and ensuring that each and every staff member is carrying out their share of duty efficiently.
- Carrying out the medical building, coding work efficiently, and supervising over other such works.
Skills and Specifications
- Computer savvy.
- Good knowledge of medical coding.
- Good inter communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Responsible person.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma degree in medical building or coding.
- Five to ten years experience in this field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description