Medical Coder Job Profile and Description
Medical code is an imperative aspect of the health information industry. Until and unless these codes are prepared and maintained properly, the health information industry will fail to run smoothly. The Medical Coder has the duty of inputting the codes of different medical service in their appropriate nature. These codes are then used by the medical practitioners so as to receive the payments for the services, which have been offered by them. Hence, the Medical coders perform this crucial task through a number of means.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpreting of the reports of the patients and the diagnostic charts thereby preparing complete procedural codes
- Keying the information into the computer system after the first step is successfully carried out; this helps to keep all required data in an organized fashion, ideal for later usage purposes.
- Creating correct diagnostic coding programs through the accurate codes like ICD-9-CM and CPT codes.
- Making sure that the federal, legal and insurance regulations are being taken care off while preparing the codes.
- Submitting the reimbursement after reviewing all the claims that had been made earlier in order to avoid any kind of mistakes in the long run.
Skills and Specifications
- Good knowledge of medical coding.
- Responsible individual.
- Good communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Eye for accuracy.
Education and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject would do but diploma degree in medical coding is essential.
- Five to ten year’s experience in related field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description